Monday, December 13, 2010

Love, Prima, and Life in general...



Honest, it's true, it really is!  I (like a lot of other bloggers, I might add) need a smack on the hand at the moment for non-blogging.  Meh, so shoot me.  Like I care (wink, wink).  At the moment, REAL life (i.e. my family) comes first!

Anyhoo, like everyone else at this time of year, our household seems to have gone CRAZY.  J's school finishes up for Christmas officially this Thursday, but his last day will actually be Wednesday, because he is getting grommets put in on Thursday at Bidwill.  It will be nice to get those ears fixed, I can tell you! 

As for me, I still have Chrissy cards yet to finish, a wee teacher gift to make, as well as finishing off the advent calendar for our niece and nephews for Christmas, and a paper-covered Kaiser Tree for another gift.  Phew!  Fortunately by now, all but two of the Christmas 'do' parties are over.  Just our Street Party this weekend, and my scrappin pals to catch up with on Monday next week.  Ahhh, I love Christmas!  I have even been listening to Christmas music in my office on a little set of ipod speakers.  I reckon it makes me work better, tapping my feet along all day.  Probably stops me feeling sleepy I spose!  Ha ha ha ha!

I can now FINALLY show you this layout I did based on Prima's November BAP (build-a-page) sketch. First, here's the sketch we had to base our layout on:



And this is my take on it:


I finished it 3 weeks ago, but wasn't sure if I was allowed to show it on my blog until the results were announced. Mine got a mention (click here to see it) - YAY!  The only bummer is that they called me 'Beth'.  What the...???!!!  Dammit.  Finally get published on a notable blog, and my name is incorrect?  Grrrr.  Oh well, life goes on.  Here are a few close-ups of the page.  I tried to absolutely PACK it with detail.












I like the December sketch too, so might give that a burl.  Check it:


See?  It's cute, yeah?  And REALLY simple.  Hey, I can DO that!!!!

What have you all been doing?




3 comments:

topkatnz said...

oh Beth, that layout is gorgeous!!heehee...

Anonymous said...

Beth / Beck - what an awesome layout!
As for listening to Christmas music, I have Christmas CDs rocking in the car. Poor Piper and anybody else around at the time.:-)

Jayne

mandyb said...

i really like that layout and the card to made above Beth,.,,,hahahahahahahahahaha it really suits you this new name...lol!!!

oh dear!!!