Tuesday, April 13, 2010

More cardmaking!


We have our niece staying for a couple nights at the moment, so while J is otherwise amused, I am making the most of today and getting some cards made. Unfortunately we have two friends who have had bereavements in their family lately, so I needed to make a couple cards to send to them. I ended up with four, all the same, just different colour schemes:


The base card is kraft, then I used four Stampin Up! cardstocks as my accents - not quite navy, chocolate chip, baja breeze, and rose red. The stamped flower is one of the Hero Arts Clings, and the sentiment is also Hero Arts - from one of their clear stamp sets. I stamped the flower and sentiment with embossing ink, and then put white embossing powder on and heated with heat tool. When I say heat tool, read "Darryl's Heat Gun" !!! I then sponged some white ink in the centre of the flower, smearing a little down each petal as a highlight. Then I ruled white lines around the edges with my Uniball Signo gel pen. So simple! Cards don't always have to be fancy to be effective.

Now I just have to write in them and send them out.... That's always the hardest part.

More soon... Toodles, B x


Posted by Picasa

No comments: