Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Deb's cardmaking afternoon...

Last Saturday, Deb McRobie held another of her card making afternoons to showcase some of the latest Stampin Up! product available. We made two styles of card. Here are my two versions of the first one:


We stamped the flowers and flourishes on glossy cardstock with Versamark ink, then inked over the top with our colour of choice using a brayer. Very cool technique! We did the Soft Suede one first, using a stamp set from the new Autumn-Winter mini catalogue, and also the bird/leaves punch. I used my own materials to make the card again using Regal Rose. They look quite different in the two different colour-ways.

The second one we made was my favourite - mostly I think because of the colour scheme... Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive. We did a bit of two-step stamping, and got to play with the new Medallion stamp from the mini catalogue too - it's HUGE! Check it:


And a peek at the inside...


I really think that this card is gorgeous. And seeing as I made it without a sentiment, I can use it for pretty much anything. Fab!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Bronwyn said...

They are all gorgeous this includes the cards in your previous posts as well I especially love the bird ones
Way to go Becks

Jenn from Ash said...

Way to go Becks - so you haven't just been doing nothing have you. Love the cards. Have fun in Taupo.