Thursday, December 3, 2009

Before I forget AGAIN...

I keep meaning to tell you guys about this website... Stacy Julian's Sprinkles. Love the name she's used! Also LOVE the idea. A lot like the Random Acts of Kindness book that I have (which anyone is most welcome to borrow if they like). I spent a bit of time back in the early 90's strongly endorsing the message Practice Random Acts of Kindness and Senseless Acts of Beauty. I even wrote it on a huge banner and hung it on my (student) wall. It's all about doing things like putting money in someone's parking meter when it's expired, or leaving a food parcel or other necessary surprise for someone who needs it, without them knowing it was you. That's the idea. The anonymity. You Timaruvians will remember a while back the Christmas Angel who left little gifts anonymously around town during the 12 days leading up to Christmas? I was one of her helpers! ;) It's getting the warm fuzzies doing something nice for someone else, without needing the recognition. Go forth, people, and SPRINKLE! Go on, DO IT!
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
What are you waiting for?....... GO!

No comments: