Sunday, January 18, 2009

Daz's Clock Creation...


Hi there, Daz back again for a another post that may even interest Rachel!! Some time ago now I replaced the front disc on my KDX and just as I was about to throw it out I thought "this would make a really cool clock for J" and like most things I start they take some time to complete, but completed it is.

For a start I had to get Beck to talk nicely to Rachel so I could cut some numbers out of chipboard on her click and cut, I got two of every number cut so that there was some depth to them, step two was to glue the numbers together, step three paint them black and to make them look really cool I added some dimensional magic (this was way cool)!!

To get the clock mechanism I thought the best thing was to buy a cheap clock, when I got the clock home I thought that it would be really cool if I could slot the disc into the clock housing and because it was only 1mm too small I took the disc to work and got it turned down by 1mm so it would fit. So now I have silver disc, black shiny numbers and a silver clock body, man am I good at making things match or what??

Because the disc is quite thick with all the mountings I had to cut holes in the back of the clock to allow the disc to sit nice and flush with the clock body, next problem was getting the hands to pass the numbers and fixings so I had to do a little bending on the arms, with this done we were all good. To make this special I wanted a picture of Jake either on his motorbike or in his bike gear for the background, and as luck would have it his gear is black and white which I think looks pretty bloody cool! I then got Beck to download all the different brands of bikes to put in the holes around the inside of the disc, Yamaha, Suzuki, KTM, Honda and I had to add the monster logo as Jake really loves it.

Beck was nice enough to cut out all the holes in the backing paper and also around the logos, (I couldn't be arsed playing with scissors)

Once that was all done it was only a matter of assembling the clock and robbing one of the remote batteries to get it going.

Here's the finished product:





And that's all until the next time. Daz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done, what a nice person that Rachel sound like ha ha ha!
Clock looks great, we will have you working with scissors yet, maybe even REAL scrapbooking on pages lol!
Seriously - nice work!

Anonymous said...

Nice clock Dazza!!
Brent says that he always knew you were a big girl and this dabbling in scrapbooking just proves it! ;-)
Hope Jacob liked it.
Cya
Love Chris