Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Awesome new chicken recipe...

Yup, I'm one of those people who has trouble cooking chicken - is it ready yet? Usually I'm not sure, then all of a sudden it's dried out and horrible. I found this awesome recipe that uses popcorn to let you know when it's just the right time to take it out of the oven...

Popcorn-Stuffed Chicken

One chicken
One cup unpopped popcorn
One cup premixed dry stuffing mix
Canola oil
Masterfoods Roast Chicken seasoning
Rosemary leaves

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Combine the popcorn and the stuffing mix, place in chicken cavity. Lightly brush chicken with canola oil, then sprinkle over the roast chicken seasoning and the lightly crushed rosemary leaves. Place chicken in roasting dish, with neck end of chicken facing the back of the oven. Listen for the popping sounds. When the oven door flies open and the chicken shoots across the room, it's ready!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I just LOVE this joke! Of course I already know how to cook a chicken, but I had to make the line of bull believable! Ba ha ha.

Now, onto the REAL stuff...

I have had a terrible week so far - I have been puking my guts out since Monday lunchtime. Until teatime tonight, the last time I ate was Sunday's cheese toasties for tea. The doc thinks it's food poisoning. Oh joy. Hopefully tonight's homemade potato and gravy dinner stays down. Fingers crossed.

Last weekend's RSM party at the Hydro was a blast - 50s and 60s theme 'Heartbreak Hotel'. Most of us dressed up, which got everyone in the mood from the minute they arrived. It did take about 4 hours to clean the place up sufficiently to have the party there, but it was definitely worth it. It's fun having a private party where you can dance on tables and there are no managers there to tell you off! We gave out prizes for best dressed guy and best dressed gal, as well as prizes for best operation of a hoola-hoop (no really, we did) and best guy and best guy under the limbo stick! It only took an hour or so to clean up on the Sunday afterward, which wasn't bad considering most of us were still hung over! I do have photos, but havent had time to put them on the computer yet, so will update blog later tonight or tomorrow when I get a chance.

Otherwise, that's about it peoples. I have a bit of stuff to list on TM tonight, which takes BLOODY AGES, so I should go get some of that sorted I suppose.

Toodles, B x

No comments: